Successful decision-making processes are not intuitive. In order to make great, or even good, decisions under pressure, you need a structured framework. You must clarify the problem that needs to be solved, explore the available options, understand the impact of your decision, and commit to your choice with confidence.
The Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate from Texas Executive Education combines world-renowned faculty from The University of Texas at Austin and experienced practitioners from SDG to teach you leading-edge techniques and processes to manage risk and uncertainty and create innovative, measurably better alternatives. Enroll in an individual class or earn a customized certificate by completing six classes in topics such as strategy, decision making, leadership, innovation, and execution.
This certificate program will be available online beginning in 2018. As new courses come online, participants can work toward their certificate from anywhere, at any time.
No application is required. Students who earn six credits from within the SDRM curriculum will be awarded a certificate in Strategic Decision and Risk Management from Texas Executive Education and SDG.
- 6 credits (1-day class = ½ credit; 2-, 2½- or 3-day classes = 1 credit; 5-day class = 2 credits) are required to complete the certificate.
- Participants must take the required Achieving Strategic Decision Quality class, a minimum of 3 of the 7 available core classes, and may take a maximum of 2 elective credits.
- Classes may be taken in any order, and participants have three years to complete the requirements.
- All one- through five-day courses listed here may be used to fulfill the electives of this certificate.
Core Classes (Select at least 3)
- Decision Analysis and Value of Information
- Biases in Decision-Making
- Negotiation and Collaborative Decision-Making
- Leading Strategic Decision-Making
- Modeling for Strategic Insight
- Value-Driven Enterprise Risk Management
- Strategic Innovation and Design Thinking