Earn a Certificate from The University of Texas at Austin.
Successful decision-making processes are not intuitive. In order to make great, or even good, decisions under pressure, you need a structured framework. You must clarify the problem that needs to be solved, explore the available options, understand the impact of your decision, and commit to your choice with confidence.
The Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate combines world-renowned faculty from The McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin and experienced practitioners from SDG to teach you leading-edge techniques and processes to manage risk and uncertainty and create innovative, measurably better alternatives. Enroll in an individual class or earn a customized certificate by completing six classes in topics such as strategy, decision making, leadership, innovation, and execution.
No application is required. Students who earn six credits from within the SDRM curriculum will be awarded a certificate in Strategic Decision and Risk Management from Texas Executive Education and SDG.
- 6 credits (each 2-day class equals 1 credit; some electives may be shorter or longer) are required to complete the certificate.
- Participants must take two required classes, at least two “core” classes, and up to two additional electives.
- Classes may be taken in any order, and participants have three years to complete the requirements.
- All one- through five-day courses in the Texas Executive Education open enrollment catalogue may be used fulfill the electives of this certificate.
Below is a list of the required, core, and example elective courses available in the certificate program. Click on an individual course name to be redirected to the certificate website at Texas Executive Education.
Core Classes (Select at least 2)
- Decision and Risk Analysis
- Human Biases in Decision Making: Avoiding the Traps
- Negotiation and Collaborative Decision Making
- Modeling and Analytics for Strategic Insight
- Scenarios and Forecasting: Planning for Uncertainty
- Multi-Party DQ: Collaboration and Competition in Decision Making
Popular Electives (Select up to 2)
- Strategic Management
- Data Analytics
- Predictive Analytics with Machine Learning and Data Mining
- … or any other classes in the entire Texas Exec Ed catalogue